Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Monday, November 25, 2013
Read about the recent management changes in The Hindu, but never thought it would degrade the reports to this standard. What a pathetic piece? Never expected something like this from Hindu.
Here goes... this is about the modernisation in the Indian Navy... What to write when the picture is worth a thousand words? Here is the original link in case you want a legible copy. If you have trouble reading the comments, I am posting them below.
- If INS Viraat is set to be decommissioned in 2017, how do they plan to get three operational carriers the same year? As per reports, INS Vishal is expected to enter service only by 2025. Recently heard the Viraat's life has been extended 'beyond 2020'.
- You either call it an SSBN (Ship Submersible Ballistic Nuclear) or Nuclear Attack Submarine. Definitely not SSBN Submarine because 'Ship Submersible' is the technical term for a Submarine.
- 'Second phase' to be commissioned? I thought the second phase has begun and the entire carrier would be commissioned in 2017.
- 'Scorpion' class? I thought it was Scorpene.
- Mazdock? Isn't it officially called the Mazagon Docks?
- There are 6 submarines under construction and only the first one is expected in 2016. Not sure if they have installed an assembly line to mass produce submarines.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
After a long time... Couldn't help sharing this. This is an agency copy from Associated Press, published by Times of India online on 7th March, 2013. This is about three women found about 10 years after they went missing.
Here it is... For clues, consult your CAT questions...(Cats are not mats, but mats are all rats...type)
Friday, July 27, 2012
Friday, July 13, 2012
Friday, June 29, 2012
Sorry for this Times bashing again, but can't help it. Here is another fresh one from Times of India Mumbai edition..
See how they have carelessly put one paragraph in between the story. I remember a cartoon on our old Kerala University Journalism department's wall, depicting an old newspaper office saying... "Who reads the second para anyway?" I think TOI is taking it far too seriously.