Here goes... this is about the modernisation in the Indian Navy... What to write when the picture is worth a thousand words? Here is the original link in case you want a legible copy. If you have trouble reading the comments, I am posting them below.
- If INS Viraat is set to be decommissioned in 2017, how do they plan to get three operational carriers the same year? As per reports, INS Vishal is expected to enter service only by 2025. Recently heard the Viraat's life has been extended 'beyond 2020'.
- You either call it an SSBN (Ship Submersible Ballistic Nuclear) or Nuclear Attack Submarine. Definitely not SSBN Submarine because 'Ship Submersible' is the technical term for a Submarine.
- 'Second phase' to be commissioned? I thought the second phase has begun and the entire carrier would be commissioned in 2017.
- 'Scorpion' class? I thought it was Scorpene.
- Mazdock? Isn't it officially called the Mazagon Docks?
- There are 6 submarines under construction and only the first one is expected in 2016. Not sure if they have installed an assembly line to mass produce submarines.